They're all about making money and not about training. Once you sign for lessons, you're stuck. The people that perform the training don't care whether or not your kids learn anything. Instructors are very poorly skilled and don't understand the martial arts themselves. I signed up for their aerobics classes which was a mistake. The instructor is an arrogant woman that does nothing but scream at the top of her lungs. There's no skill involved and she is not professionally trained in any sport, just another person soaking the public for their money. They try to force you into buying annual memberships and mistreat anyone that doesn't buy into training. We finally walked away and joined a professional, national chain.

I forgot to state that this review was specifically referring to the Hudson, Ohio store. I tried the same services at their Fairlawn, Ohio and Aurora, Ohio stores, too, but the service was the same, very poor. They aren't the only company around with these services, so try others before signing anything. The girls working the front desk are paid on commission and quote wildly different prices, varying by a few thousand dollars, depending on what they think they can get out of you. We were grossly overcharged by their billing service, too.

Comments

Wadsworth, Ohio, United States #929018

The review is dated 2013, not 2004.

The Wadsworth location has excellent and knowing teachers. I see the same two men working every day they are open.

One is a Master and the other advanced black belt (not sure how high). Every time I see them interact it is with kindness and courtesy. They are both exceptional with the kids. You can see their love of the art.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I don't see where you contacted the office to complain and what the response was.

It seems only competent to start at the source rather than an innocuous website. Asian Sun has THREE complaints and that says a lot.

We are terribly sorry for any miscommunication or bad experience you had with Asian Sun. Is it possible you are commenting on another school?

I noticed your comment is listed as 2004. Unfortunately, we were not made aware of this post until recently.

A major concern that we have about your post is that in 2004, when this complaint was made, we did not have either a Aurora or Fairlawn. Both of those school were not open until 2012.

The Hudson Cardio Kickboxing instructor you may be referencing is a 2nd degree Black Belt in Muay Thai Kickboxing from Master Bob Cheney, one of the most respected in the nation.

Our head instructor in 2004 was Master Andrachik, the owner and a 7th degree Black Belt recognized by USAT and Kukkiwon. The current head instructor is ranked 3rd in the Nation USAT and is the training partner of an Olympic hopeful. You may not know but Asian Sun is a annual national presence in USAT and AAU of which we are the regional chair. Schools with "poor instruction" do not produce national champions at the highest level of completion. Poor head instructors are not going to the 2014 USA Team Trials in Colorado Springs.

We did not and still do not offer annual memberships.

If there was anything then or now that we can do to make it right please contact 330-650-6333 and we will make it right. Because there are no "National Chains" in NE Ohio I would be happy to discuss with you the specifics of your complaint.

What concerns us is the factual accuracy of your complaint. It is a serious offense to post untruthful comments against a business whether you meant to or not. I assure you, and any of our more than 3,000 happy students will maintain, we strive to go above and beyond.

Thank you and again, please call anytime.

Steve Seyerle

General Manager

Asian Sun Martial Arts

(330) 666-2200 office

www.asiansun.net

Ohio City, Ohio, United States #725236

Seriously it's like they have no respect for us customers STAY WELL AWAY FROM THIS MARTIAL ARTS SERVICE!